AWESOME WATERFALLS - BROMO - IJEN (4 days & 3 nights) Start in Surabaya
- Availability: In Stock
Great way to visit two volcanos is to take an epic road trip/tour across East Java, stopping at all the best sights like the Mount Bromo sunrise, the Ijen crater, and some of Java’s famous waterfalls.
AWESOME WATERFALLS - BROMO - IJEN (4 Days & 3 Nights)
Itinerary : (Private tours)
Day 01. SURABAYA - TUMPAKSEWU WATERFALL - STAY OVERNIGHT
Pick up your arrival at Surabaya airport (before 08:00 AM), approximately 4 hours drive to Pronojiwo Lumajang, At Tumpak Sewu Waterfall is a panorama point which serves as the main overlook, where you can see the falls from above. This is an awesome viewpoint, especially if you have a drone to send up even higher. No hiking is required to see Tumpak Sewu from the overlook, just a short little walk from the parking area. The waterfall is super photogenic. With a drone, you can even see the Mount Semeru volcano in the background, or if you use a drone to look straight down at the waterfall in the ravine it looks like a tree of life shape. Don’t stay at the overlook too long, because you still have to see the waterfall from below, spend 2-3 hours explore, drive to the accommodation, stay overnight at Artha cottage. Free program
Day 02. KAPAS BIRU WATERFALL - KABUT PELANGI WATERFALL - BROMO AREA
Start at 07:00 AM, then drive around 10 minutes to Kapas biru waterfall, the hike is pretty straightforward and only takes about 30 minutes one way. The way back is very uphill though, so you may want to bring some water. There’s one slightly sketchy section where you climb down a ladder, but it’s not too bad and only takes a minute to be done with. When you reach a clearing with some rice paddies, you’ll know you’re almost to the waterfall, explore total around 2 hours. The best lighting for this is early in the morning before the sun gets high, otherwise taking the right photos can be more of a challenge.Head down the path for about 30 minutes to reach the bottom of the ravine. The path is mostly bamboo steps with bamboo railings, and it’s a little sketchy in spots, but nothing too terrible. Just proceed carefully.There are a lot of good photo spots next to the waterfall, but be aware that the rocks are very slippery. Second visit Kabut pelangi waterfall, Kabut Pelangi is located in a huge yet hidden niche. The waterfall is surrounded by massive cliffs, covered with moss. This creates a really wonderful panorama. The hike to Kabut Pelangi takes about 45 minutes one way. Going back takes a bit longer because it’s a steep hillside. It’s not a very difficult track to the main waterfall, but the path can be hard to see sometimes, especially if you go during or soon after the rainy season.You need to work a bit to get there but the waterfall is really worth all the hassle. At 02:00 PM leaving Lumajang then 4 to 5 hours drive to Cemoro lawang, stay at CAFE LAVA or similar. Free program
Day 03. BROMO SUNRISE TOUR - IJEN AREA
Bromo tour start at 03:30 AM, the Jeep is waiting in front of your hotel,meet our driver then by Jeep drive about 40 minute to view point. The sunrises can be spectacular depending on weather conditions, after sunrise back to jeep parking area and you will be heading to mount Bromo around 30 min,The Jeep will park near Luhur Poten temple, then walk 30 minutes one way to the top of mount bromo, the last part is a stairs, climb up 245 stair to reach the top of mount bromo, from the crater rim, you can see the active Bromo crater. Approximately 08.00 AM the 4WD will bring you back to the hotel for take a shower and have breakfast. At 09.00 AM checking out and heading to Banyuwangi, approximately 7 hours drive, stay overnight at Kampoeng Joglo Ijen or similar. Free program
Day 04. IJEN TOUR - KETAPANG HARBOR OR BACK SURABAYA
You will depart at 01:00am, our driver will pick you up then 30 minutes drive to paltuding, the entrance of Mount Ijen. At 02:00am you willl climb with our guide you needed around 1.5 hours to reach ijen peak, after that 30 minutes down to the crater, you will through a rocky path. When you arrived at the bottom of ijen crater, you will see amazing blue flames. At 05:00 AM you will climb back to the top of mount ijen, enjoy scenery. At 06:00 AM back to Paltuding around 1 hour walking,meet our driver, taken 30 minutes drive back to the hotel for have a breakfast and shower. At 09:00 AM checking out, then transfer out to ketapang harbour or second option back to Surabaya about 7 hours drive. Finish program
*There is no guarantee that you will go down the crater/blue fire on the day of your trip, nature is unpredictable and if due to massive sulphur clouds it is too dangerous on that day to go down, you have to respect it for your own safety.
*Until today, the Ijen hiking trail opens at 04.00am (no blue fire). If there are changes, the departure from the hotel will adjust. Depart from hotel at 01.00am - Ijen opens at 02.00am, Depart at 03.00am - Ijen opens at 04.00am
*There is no separate fee between climbing Mount Ijen and seeing the blue fire, ticket prices remain the same for all visitors without exception! that means there is no additional cost, that's according to management regulations in the Ijen crater area.
*If the tour end at Surabaya Airport, after ijen tour not back to hotel, but directly to Surabaya airport. Please make your flight departure after 04:00pm (depart 07.30am from Paltuding - arrive Surabaya airport approx 03.00pm).
Discuss with us for a personalised quote and alternatives tour you need or budget.
: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com
- Private car with air cond,gasoline,driver,parking
- Toll road fees
- Jeep 4WD for Sunrise tour to View Point and Mt Bromo
- Private car from hotel to paltuding/Ijen
- 1 night accommodation in Pronojiwo Lumajang (private room & bathroom, hot shower, air cond)
- 1 night accommodation in Bromo (private bathroom, hot shower)
- 1 night accommodation in Ijen (private room & bathroom, hot shower, air cond)
- Accommodation breakfasts
- Daily mineral water
- Entrance fees Bromo
- Entrance fees Ijen
- All Entrance fees Waterfalls
- Local guide waterfalls
- English speaking Local Guide Bromo
- English speaking Local Guide Ijen
- Professional gas masks in Ijen
- Horse riding in Mt Bromo
- Lunch - Dinner
- Personal expenses (laundry, bar, etc)
- Personal insurance/travel insurance
** No hidden fees
- For reservation, please down payment by Paypal and balance payment upon arrival/when you're picked up
- Please reconfirm a week before your arrival for make sure you come
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- At Tumpak Sewu Waterfall you can swim, but not under the main waterfall.You are going to walk next to curtain waterfall for 2 kilometres during the exploration, which means you can find some natural pools in the middle of the trail that perfect for a relaxing.
- Tumpak Sewu Waterfall is not friendly for children under 7 years old. The authorities keep the environment around the waterfall as natural as possible. During the exploration, you have to go down from the vistas point to the river below through bamboo ladders and climb the rocks that might be risky for the children
- Mount Bromo lies in an open area called Sea of Sand. This is the wide savanna covered with volcanic ashes that make it easy to explore without a guide. Unless you want to go to a spot where it is more private or less crowded to enjoy the landscape or capture the milky way, then a guide is necessary.
- Mount Bromo is a friendly destination for families with children, the hiking trail on Mount Bromo is relatively easy. The 4x4 driver will drop you off at the parking area in front of Luhur Poten Temple and then take a short hike to the rim of crater. It takes around 1.5 Km or 30 minutes hike from Luhur Poten Temple to the Bromo's rim of crater.
- Mount Bromo and Cemoro Lawang can be pretty chilly before sunrise since they’re 2,329 meters (7,641 ft) above sea level,the elevation at the viewpoint is a whopping 2,770 meters (9,088 ft). Temperatures can drop below 7 Celsius (45 F), and that doesn’t even factor in wind chill. It can get incredibly windy on the mountain peaks, and dry season is cooler than rainy season. However, you’ll only be chilly before sunrise. After that it warms up pretty quick, and the sun at this elevation is plenty strong.
- Mount Ijen is not a friendly destination for children under 7 years old and people who have problems with asthma, blood pressure, extremely sensitive eyes, and one who easily panics. The sulfur/gas sometimes really strong and suddenly blows unpredictable to the hiking trail. This is the reason you must wear a professional gas mask(we provide) to help you breathe. Exploring Mount Ijen with an experienced guide is a must.
- Mount Ijen:Usually, during the wet season, the volcanic activity near the crack of volcano is rising. If this activity occurs then authorities will close the trail going to the Blue Flame but travellers still have opportunity to enjoy the landscape from Ijen's rim of crater. Or, if the volcanic activities turn the toxicity of gas into a level of danger, then the authorities will close the entire site for safety reasons. Visiting Mount Ijen/Blue flame means you need to be ready for nature’s unpredictability.
- There is no separate fee between climbing Mount Ijen and seeing the blue fire, ticket prices remain the same for all visitors without exception! that means there is no additional cost, that's according to management regulations in the Ijen crater area.
- Mount Ijen can be pretty chilly before sunrise since it’s well above sea level.Temperatures can drop below 7 Celsius (45 F), and it can get windy too since you’re on an exposed mountain. Still, it’s best to dress in layers, because when you’re hiking up the mountain you’ll warm up pretty quick and may even get hot
- What should I pack? flashlight, personal medicine, warm clothing, other stuff like rain jacket, good pair of hiking shoes, swimwear, bringing a dry bag to keep your camera, drone, or other electronics safe, in Bromo please bringing sunglasses.
- Ijen will closed on friday of 1st week, every month
Also please read Term & Conditions before book the tour.